Wed March 15 at 12:00 EST
Join us for reports from four unique community-based research cases in Atlantic Canada and the Northwest Territories.
Seed Saving in Atlantic Canada (Seeds of Diversity and partner organizations)
· Conserving seed resources and related skills/knowledge
· Preserving endangered local varieties of seed
· Strong collaboration among seed savers, seed banks and libraries, and local seed companies
· Contributions to biodiversity, knowledge conservation, social capital and food security
FarmWorks Investment Co-op
· Investing in local food economy
· Provincial policies both make community investments possible and pose barriers to local food business
· Strengthening economic and social sustainability
· Mentorship and preserving/sharing food and business skills/knowledge
JustUs! Centre for Small Farms
· Farmer-to-farmer knowledge sharing
· Preserving and sharing food skills and knowledge
· Engagement of marginalized groups
· Urban-rural and global north-south connections
· Building a community garden
· Sharing traditional knowledge
· Fostering Food sharing networks
ACCESSING THE WEBINARS
The webinars are facilitated through Carleton U, using the ‘Big Blue Button’ platform:
(Platform opens at 10:30 am on March 14, webinar starts at 11:00)
(Platform opens at 11:30 am on March 15, webinar starts at 12:00)
Accessing the webinar:
1. Go to: http://edc.bigbluebutton.
2. Enter your full name
3. Select the room: Big Data and Agriculture
4. As a Viewer please use the password: participant
5. To join the voice bridge for this meeting: click the headset icon in the upper-left (please use a headset to prevent noise).
To join this meeting by phone, dial:
Then enter 29302 as the conference pin number.